Knowing how to make a complaint

Making a complaint can be a daunting task, so knowing who you can complain to and what to do is essential. 

We can help you. We've worked with Healthwatch England to produce straightforward advice will guide you through the process from knowing who to talk to, top tips on what to do and what you can expect from services in response. 

Read our complaints advice

How can the Care Quality Commission help?

The Care Quality Commission (CQC) has information on its website if you want to complain about different services.

CQC guides to complaining about services

Who to complain to in Warwickshire

If you wish to complain about a hospital or other service in Warwickshire, this article will help you find who to contact.

Making a complaint about a service in Warwickshire

If you feel that you need help in making your complaint, there are organisations that can help you. 

Complaints advocacy services

Every area of England has an independent NHS complaints advocacy service funded by the local authority. They can help you make a complaint about an NHS service or work out what you want to achieve from a complaint. 

You will need to contact your local authority to find out who holds your local advocacy service contract.

Contact your local authority 

Patient Advice Liaison Service 

Patient Advice Liaison Service (PALS) offers confidential advice, support and information on health matters. It provides a point of contact for patients, families and carers.

PALS do not investigate individual complaints but can give you general advice about the NHS complaints procedure.

Contact PALS service

Tell us your experience

You can also tell Healthwatch about your experience of a service, good or bad. We are not able to handle any complaints for you, but what we learn from you could help to improve services for others. 

Tell us about your experience