Making a complaint about a service in Warwickshire

Details of who to contact for complaints about health and social care services in Warwickshire.
Doctor speaking with patient

As this Citizens Advice guide describes, usually the first step in making a complaint is to contact the provider of the service.

NHS/Health Services in Warwickshire:


You can complain directly to the hospital, to the people involved in providing your care.  If you’d rather talk to someone else, each hospital has a Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) who will work with you to try to resolve things, or to make a formal complaint if necessary.  Details of each hospital in Warwickshire, and the relevant PALS team, are provided below:

South Warwickshire NHS Foundation Trust (SWFT) encompasses:

  • Warwick Hospital
  • Stratford Hospital
  • Royal Leamington Spa Rehabilitation Hospital
  • Ellen Badger Hospital

SWFT Patient Advice and Liaison Service

University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust (UHCW) encompasses:

  • University Hospital in Coventry
  • Hospital of St Cross in Rugby

UHCW Patient Advice and Liaison Service

Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership NHS Trust (CWPT):

CWPT has over 50 sites across Coventry and Warwickshire, and provides mental health and learning disability services.

CWPT Patient Advice and Liaison Service

George Eliot Hospital Trust:

George Eliot Patient Advice and Liaison Service

Ambulance services

Ambulance services in Warwickshire are provided by West Midlands Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust (WMAS).

Contact WMAS

GP practices, dentists and other NHS services

Every GP practice and other health service provider in Warwickshire has its own Complaints Procedure, which they will provide to you on request.

Contact details for all NHS providers in Warwickshire are available on the NHS Website.

NHS website

There is help available if you need support in making a complaint about the NHS, please see help available.

Social Care Service

Social care services, such as Home care, supported living and care homes in Warwickshire are provided by Warwickshire County Council.

If you have concerns about a care home, home-care agency or other adult social care service, you should contact the Council, or the company that you receive care from. 

 WCC Complaints

Care Quality Commission (CQC)

You can also contact the Care Quality Commission about your concerns about any care service. The CQC is the independent regulator of health and social care in England.

Report a concern to the CQC

Making a complaint to the provider of the service should usually resolve things, but if you are still not satisfied that your complaint has been addressed there are other organisations you can go to next.  These will usually be listed in the Complaints Procedure for your provider, details are also given in the Citizen’s Advice Guidance document at the top of this page.

Local politicians

Publicly funded services are accountable to your local politicians.

If you decide to contact your local Member of Parliament (MP), their details are available online:

Local MP finder

Below are links to local Councillors across Warwickshire: 

Warwickshire County Councillors

Warwick District Councillors

Stratford-upon-Avon District Councillors

Borough of Rugby Councillors

Nuneaton and Bedworth Borough Councillors

North Warwickshire Borough Councillors

Do health and social care services know what you really think?

Share your ideas and experiences and help services hear what works, what doesn’t, and what you want from care in the future. 

Share your views