A summary of information (correct as of 03/04/20) on the changes to local NHS hospital services due to Covid-19 can be found here.
Read and click the links for further information below:
As of 15/06/20 Face coverings are mandatory for all hospital visitors and those attending outpatients appointments. Members of the public are strongly urged to attend hospital wearing a face covering, we are prepared for this and single use face mask will be provided in emergencies. Please see advice regarding wearing cloth face coverings (GOV.UK) in certain situations.
All of the hospitals in Warwickshire, and University Hospital Coventry and Warwickshire (formerly known as Walsgrave Hospital) have suspended visitation with some exceptions, primarily on compassionate grounds. Here are some further details on visitation, for more information you can also check each hospitals websites (linked below).
South Warwickshire Foundation Trust (SWFT) hospitals – Warwick Hospital, Leamington Spa Hospital, Ellen Badger Hospital and Stratford upon Avon Hospital, these are the exceptions to the visiting suspension:
- Compassionate grounds on inpatient areas (except high risk areas including ITU and where patients are receiving CPAP high flow oxygen to treat Covid-19. This currently includes Thomas, Oken and Mary ward)
- Parents of children on McGregor Ward (Children’s ward)
- Women who have a birthing partner.
It is recognised that saying goodbye is important to relatives and therefore for patients on high risk areas where visits are not possible staff will be able to arrange a call/video call.
See also: Bereavement service.
Messages for Patients
All hospitals in Warwickshire now have some version of a ‘messages for patients’ service in place so that you can contact your loved ones in hospital during the the pandemic:
South Warwickshire Foundation Trust: please email firstname.lastname@example.org, providing details of the patient including DOB, full name, hospital and ward. You are able to send messages and upload photos which they will print and deliver to your friends and loved ones. Deliveries will be made once every 24 hours.
UHCW NHS Trust includes:
- University Hospital Coventry and Warwickshire (formerly known as Walsgrave Hospital)
- Rugby St Cross Hospital
UHCW will be contacting patients regarding outpatients’ appointments to advise if you need to come in and possibly to arrange a telephone consultation where appropriate and possible.
Bereavement support services are available at Rugby St Cross Hospital.
View more updated service information form here.
- Warwick Hospital
- Leamington Spa Hospital
- Stratford Hospital
- Ellen Badger Hospital
- Services across Warwickshire
View updated service information here before attending appointments.
GEH NHS Trust includes:
- George Eliot Hospital
- Community Services in Warwickshire, including sexual health services.
As visiting patients has been restricted, you can send a message to loved ones in hospital, by email, phone call or text message.
Sexual Health Walk in clinics are no longer being provided; appointments are only available after a telephone assessment. Find more information about the Sexual Health service provision across Warwickshire here.
In Warwickshire, CWPT provide a wide range of mental health and learning disability services for people of all ages. You can find more information about NHS mental health services in Warwickshire in the Mental Health section. Here are some extracts of a statement released on 02/04/20:
“…we have reduced activity in a number of non-essential services at this time to focus our efforts on more critical services and we have put in place our plans to redeploy staff who are in non-critical roles to support critical/priority areas where required. You can find information about the impact on services on our website.
- Appointments – Where possible, we have changed appointments to telephone and video appointments; patients will be contacted if their appointment has changed in this way.
- Visitors – We have reduced visiting to our wards and are encouraging patients and their families to keep in touch using phones and iPads.”
View more updated service information here.
Facebook links for NHS trusts and hospital
You can also find useful advice via social media:
- University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust
- South Warwickshire Foundation Trust
- George Eliot hospital
- Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership Trusts