About this event
Explore how the understanding of autism has evolved and how current approaches inform our practices. Recognising and understanding the key areas of difference experienced by individuals on the autism spectrum is vital to providing effective support.
The course is 1.5 hours twice a day for two days.
PLEASE NOTE: You need to attend both days and all sessions.
11th August - 10:00 to 11:30 and 13:00 to 14:30;
12th August - 10:00 to11:30 and 13:00 to 14:30
- Gain an increased understanding of the autism spectrum and be able to identify main areas of difference.
- Understand that autism affects people in different ways.
- Identify differences in how autistic people may process sensory information.
- Be familiar with current thinking around the causes of autism and gain an understanding of how theories have tried to explain some of the characteristics of autism and how these have changed over the years.
- Understand the effect of increased anxiety for autistic people.
- Understand the impact of autism on families.
- Identify ways of changing your practice and making changes to workplace to effectively support people.
- Get an attendance certificate detailing eligible CPD hours which can be used as verifiable documentary evidence when submitting CPD recording forms.
The course is delivered by National Autism Association
If you would like to book a place on the course, please email: email@example.com