About this event
Diabetes Webinar for Staff and families supporting individuals with Learning Disability
The Learning and Development Partnership at Warwickshire County Council are offering webinars for staff or family members supporting individuals with Learning Disability that are diagnosed with Diabetes.
When is it?
Course: Understanding Diabetes for People with Learning Disability
Date: 12th July 2021
Time: 10.00 till 12.30
Venue: Webinar - Link will be sent on booking.
- Overview of the types of diabetes: Understand the differences between type 1 and type 2
- Year of care for people living with diabetes
- What is self-management?
- What happens at the annual review? Why do interim reviews?
- What are the roles of the pharmacist, HCA, PN and GP?
- Complications of diabetes: Understand the complications which can arise, common treatment for them, and ways to prevent them
- Medications used in diabetes: Understand the groups of medications used to treat high glucose including insulin and tablets,
- Understand why statins are often prescribed, understand the medications used in the treatment of complications of diabetes
If you would like to book a place on the course, please email Erin: