Our purpose is to make health and social care services work better for the people who use them
Everything we say and do is informed by our connections to local people. Our sole focus is on understanding the needs, experiences and concerns of people of all ages who use local services, and to speak out on their behalf.
We are uniquely placed as a national network, with a local Healthwatch in every local authority area in England. As a statutory watchdog, our role is to ensure that local health and social care services, and all local decision makers, put people’s experiences at the heart of their care.
We believe that by asking people to share their experiences of local services, we can identify issues that, if addressed, will help us to improve them.
- To be the “consumer association” for those who use health and social care services in Warwickshire
- To enable those who are seldom heard to have a real say in the decisions that affect them
- To be a critical friend to those who provide health and social care services in Warwickshire.
Our Strategic Priorities for 2017/18
- Implementing our restructuring to focus on Communications and Engagement
- Preparing for re-tendering
- Continuation of our focus on Mental Health provision
- Continuation of our focus on Domiciliary Care services
- Standing Conference on Consumer Voice – an opportunity for all service users to have their say.