Understanding Cancer and Screening Services for people with a Learning Disability
The Warwickshire Learning & Development Team is offering a funded online training course in partnership with Cancer Research UK.
This course is run by Cancer Research UK and supported by Warwickshire Health colleagues, and is directly aimed at staff and family carers that support individuals with a Learning Disability (LD).
Please see contact information below if you are interested in attending.
Each course is 1.5 hours in length, with some pre-reading beforehand.
- The basics of cancer
- The importance of Early Diagnosis of cancer
- Cancer screening (bowel, breast and cervical)
- The signs and symptoms of bowel, breast, and cervical cancer
- Health of people with learning disabilities
- Barriers to accessing cancer screening
- What is the role of LD practitioners in cancer screening for your clients?
- How do we assess capacity of our clients?
- How do we make reasonable adjustments for our clients?
- The complete cancer screening pathway for people with LD.
Wednesday 27th January: 10-11:30am with Kate Ray (CRUK) and Jo Bailey/Cynthia Wood (UHCW Breast Screening) supported by Martin Povey (CDLT)
Wednesday 3rd February: 10-11:30am with Kate Ray (CRUK) and Jo Bailey/Cynthia Wood (UHCW Breast Screening) supported by Tilly Olivier (CDLT)
Tuesday 9th February: 10-11:30am with Kate Ray (CRUK) and Jo Bailey/Cynthia Wood (UHCW Breast Screening) supported by Kelly Woodhead (CDLT)