On 19.05.20 the government announced a £37 million fund for children with special educational needs and disabilities in England.
The fund will be available for individual families to apply for funding with support from professionals.
Here is all you need to know to apply for a grant:
- The fund is being administered by the Family Fund who can be accessed here. The website is www.familyfund.org.uk
- There is a really helpful film explaining eligibility available here
- If you have not applied through the family fund before then you will need to download and submit an application. If you have used family fund before you can apply online.
- There are a whole range of things grants can be applied for but typically the fund are looking for applications for disabled or critically ill children who are staying at home more than usual due to the pandemic. Funding for equipment, goods, services such as household items, education equipment or specialist equipment.
- Grants are usually worth £400-£500 per family but can vary on need.
Evidence of family income (being in receipt of tax credits, universal credits or other welfare benefits) is required with the application which should demonstrate evidence that additional needs impact on the family and that conditions are long term (likely to last more than 12 months) or life limiting. The full criteria is available here.
Anyone can apply, parents/carers themselves or professionals on behalf of the family.
In Warwickshire if you need help making an application to the fund please speak to your social worker or support worker if you have one, otherwise contact the Family Information Service by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 01926 742274.