1-7 June is volunteers week. Here is some information about volunteers week from the Year of Wellbeing:
There is plenty of research out there to show the positive impact volunteering can have on our mental health and wellbeing – as the Mental Health Foundation says, ‘Doing good does you good’. Read on for events and activities going on in our area and ways you can get involved….
- You can join a Celebration of Volunteering event to mark Volunteers’ Week in Warwickshire, at Ambleside Sports Club in Nuneaton on Tuesday 11 June. Find out more
- Read Warwickshire CAVA’s latest Volunteering Bulletin here
- Volunteers in Coventry delivered support valued at more than £4 million last year. You can find out more as Coventry features a Volunteer Fair at Voluntary Action Coventry, on Thursday 6 June.
- Independent Advocacy at Stoneleigh Park will host a Volunteers’ picnic from 12pm – 2pm on Thursday 6 June.
- Coventry Museums will be hosting a number of stalls during the week at different venues. Find out more
- Read how student Randa Alsomali benefited from volunteering when she came to study at Coventry University – Read Randa’s story. Colin Tysall, a volunteer at Belgrade Theatre, also shares how he has benefited from his contributions. Read Colin’s story.
You can find out more about the national Volunteers’ Week celebrations at www.volunteersweek.org